Monday, June 16, 2008

Dealing with unresolved stress

I have written previously about my introduction to the techniques of using muscle response testing to discover hidden stress and emotional trauma in the subconscious mind. Because I was so intrigued with what I had witnessed, I decided to schedule a visit to the stress management consultant to address a few unresolved issues that had been bothering me for many years.

I asked for help in understanding more about anger issues I was experiencing at that time in my life. I could not figure out why I would become upset in certain situations. In what I now consider to be a classic approach to stress management, the counselor led me through a series of questions that pinpointed the exact cause of what set me off and when it originally happened.

Eliminating stress

Once we identified the source of the problem, the stress management consultant asked if I wanted to eliminate it from my life. Thinking there was some long and drawn out process I would have to go through, I asked how much it would cost and how long it would take. I was very incredulous when I was informed that it could be taken care of in about one minute.

I was taught that our body stores stress when we have conflicts. Every time we encounter similar situations, the unresolved stress is remembered. People have different capacities for stress. Some can manage a huge load of stress without resolving it. I had reached my capacity on this particular issue and my body was reminding me that it needed to be resolved.

Releasing the stress

The original feelings of anger came to the surface every time this issue came up. In this case, it was a challenge to my authority that was the problem. Amazingly enough, the resolution was a very simple process. All I had to do was to forgive the person who originally caused me to take offense in order to release the stored up negative energy in the form of anger. It worked.

I felt an immediate and palpable sense of relief. For me, it was a very emotional experience. Because the relief was so real, I asked after a few moments if we could find and resolve other hidden issues. For the next hour or two, the counselor helped me discover and resolve dozens of specific instances of stress that had been annoying me for years, some of them very traumatic.

Actual methods involved

Now there is a lot more to this process than I have noted here. There are a couple of methods that help to relieve the stress. One involves slowly stroking the spine from top to bottom, as it is theorized that the spine is a central repository of stress. Another involves holding the left middle finger in the proximity of the left foot of person being treated while they express forgiveness.

I know, it sounds hokey. I thought the same thing when I first was introduced to this method of releasing stress. Muscle Response Testing is not for everyone. Some people will never accept that it works. The same goes for the methods used to release the stress. There is an element of faith involved because as far as I know, this is contrary to traditional science and medicine.

Summary and conclusion

Learning how to identify and release unresolved stress was a turning point in my life. I went on in working with this and other stress management consultants to study the techniques myself. I became proficient in using Muscle Response Testing on both the arm and on the fingers. I did a lot of self-study and analysis until I concluded that I had eliminated all my unresolved trauma.

I concluded that the technique of MRT is legitimate, at least for me. It works in my case, but perhaps that is because I believe it works. It can be and is misused by individuals wanting to sell vitamins and supplements. But for me, the best use of MRT is to discover hidden stress from our past. I have even used it to eliminate what I consider to be inherited trauma.

No comments: